Thursday, July 26, 2018

Captured Memories

Recently I realised that I scrapbook alot of my photos two or three times, so I decided to go through all my albums and make a list of what is missing, and what still needs to be scrapbooked.

In my nieces album, I was missing a single page.  As I am not a huge fan of singles, I decided to look on facebook what sketches I could find.....and I came across this Sketchabilities sketch for July.
 Needing some inspiration to get me going, I browsed through there design team projects, and noticed a second challenge on one of their design team members walls...Kraft +Plus Challenges.
I decided to combine these two challenges to create a page for my niece.
These photos were taken in 2015 during a photoshoot.  While they were standing on the train tracks, a train just happened to come past.  The driver was so friendly and offered to stop so that they could take some photos with the train.

The Kraft+Plus Challenge required me to add some weaving.  I copied the blue/yellow "weave" on the train, and added it in under the title.  I weaved yellow cardstock with blue ribbon.

The background Kraft cardstock I added stencilling, stamping and ink splats, just to give it a more rustic feel.



Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Scrapping
Carol

6 comments:

  1. How lovely of the train driver to stop so that you could take these photos - great memories! Love all the media work on this layout. Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely story behind those photos and you have used the sketch so well for your photos.. thanks for joining in with Sketchabilities, and thanks for joining in with Kraft+ too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and the purple/yellow colour combo works a treat. Thanks for playing along at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page - the purple looks great on the kraft background, and the yellow mount for the photos really make them pop! Thanks for joining in the fun at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic texture here, love; and I adore the way your purple and yellow simply pop off the kraft base! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...