Saturday, August 14, 2021

Toilet Doors

 When we built on the classroom at Scrapbooking Namibia, the builders messed oil on the toilet doors.

Instead of buying new doors, I decided to revamp them a little.

Each door has been decorated differently.

I started with a layer of light pink and dark pink chalk paint.  I then added a few spots of Dala Crazy Cracks.  Once this was all dry I painted the light grey over.  

Now that the base of each door was finished I started to decorate.  I tried to incorporate as many different techniques onto the doors to inspire the ladies attending the classes.





Stenciling with texture paste:

Stenciled with white gesso, and then poured alcohol ink over it.
Stamperia Rice Paper in the middle/ I also distressed the paint a little so that the pink would shine through/.
Stenciling and rice paper.  Embellished with a 3D flower
Stenciling with texture paste and then add alcohol ink to the bird.
Waterslide paper with some stenciling.
Waterslide with stenciling.
Embroidery ring with vinyl sign on cotton tape.
Decoupage with serviette.
I love how the doors turned out and it is definitely a talking point in every class.

Happy Scrapping
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...